These are my favourite cookies and I have been making them for years. I saw the recipe on an episode of Giada deLaurentis cooking show. I love her. These cookies are super easy to make and take no time at all. I used to make these with the children in my cooking class and they loved them.
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg, at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup dried cranberries
4oz bittersweet chocolate (can use a bar, chopped or chips)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together butter, sugar and light brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and cream together.
- Add the dry ingredients in batches to the wet ingredients. Scrape down sides and paddle with a spatula.
- Add the old fashioned oats and mix together. Add the cranberries and mix. Add the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips and mix.
- Scoop onto baking sheet with a cookie scoop. Bake for 15 minutes. Makes about three dozen