I have done a Summer Reading List for years. I look forward to it every year. The only time I haven’t made a list was last year, when I was pregnant with Markus. I just didn’t feel like reading and basically fell asleep every night at 7:30pm.
I start accumulating the books I want to read almost a month in advance. I go through the books I have in a pile next to my bed, the e-books I have on my Kindle, my “to-read” shelf on my Goodreads account and lists of new books and recommendations I find via my favorite bloggers and Instagrammers. This year it’s a huge list, I have 17 books. Usually I have about 12 books but I could not stop adding books to my summer list, there are so many books I want to read. Mind you, I may not get to all of them but I’ll never be without choices of what to read next.
1. I See You by: Claire Mackintosh
2. The Perfect Stranger by: Megan Miranda
3. I Found You by: Lisa Jewell
4. Beartown by: Frederik Backman
5. The Harem Midwife by: Roberta Rich
6. Into The Water by: Paula Hawkins
7. Big Little Lies by: Liane Moriarty
8. The Little Paris Bookshop by: Nina George
9. Before I Go To Sleep by: S. J. Watson
10. Pancakes In Paris by: Craig Carlson
11. Invincible Summer by: Alice Adams
12. All The Missing Girls by: Megan Miranda
13. Since We Fell by: Dennis Lehane
14. Come Away With Me by:Karma Brown
15. Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
16. The Diplomat’s Wife by: Pam Jenoff
17. Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand
So, there’s my list! I will be reading both books and my Kindle. Not all my books are bought. I will also be going to my local library to borrow some books. And Markus will be doing his own Summer Reading as well, which I will share. Happy Reading!! Happy Summer!!
(Affiliate links done through Amazon)